Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 7: Baby Sister Time...

Wine Tasting: 
 Becca took us to this great little place in the morning for wine tasting. We had an incredible view, each had a flight of wine, and chatted with the pour lady.

Splash: 
Then Becca took me and Par to this great little place in Pismo beach. Their specialty is clam chowder in a bread bowl and Par wanted to go (surprise surprise). This particular chowder was pretty decent (not excellent) but the bread bowl was to die for. It had a buttered and toasted top and toasted bottom-Par and I ate the whole thing. Becca scarfed on chili fries and I swallowed some calamari-awesome.

Then Becca and I shared our first margarita by the beach. She is finally 21, and I waited all those years to drinking a fruity drink with her by the beach.

Puppies! 
After great food and a delicious margarita, Becca took me and Par to hold puppies. Yea, you heard me right. We spent the afternoon holding $800 dogs! After this trip, I want several puppies....

Madonna Inn:
AKA a family favorite. It's this ridiculously decorated hotel, cheesy as ever, and has amazing steaks and pies. We also did a wine tasting there-in Becca's words: "It's like wine tasting franzia" hahaha...Par and I couldn't agree more! The strawberry shortcake however...was to die for! Highly recommended. 

After that visit, Par and I were pretty exhausted. We piled in the car and headed to Half Moon Bay. By this point I was exhausted, as was Par, and were were ready to be home-me in HMB her in Indiana. Four hours later, we made it home safe and sound, and I gave my mother a ginormous hug! We went to sushi later that evening for dinner, but it was pretty bad and not totally worth mentioning. The most important thing was Par and I made it to HMB, we got more fish, and crashed on the couch. Good final road trip day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment